Winter Breaks Galore!

Shelby Castoe

More stories from Shelby Castoe

Disneyland Castle
Scott Cresswell, photographer

Disneyland Castle Scott Cresswell, photographer

Winter is always such an exciting time! We have Christmas, New Year’s and, of course, Winter Break! Winter Break was filled with lots of time spent with family and friends, traveling and, hopefully, lots of relaxing! But many students and faculty also eagerly anticipate an additional winter break that is just around the corner, February’s Ski Week! Students were asked how they spent Winter Break and what Ski Week might hold for them. Here are a few of their thoughts and some special plans:

Joey Perricone, a senior, is excited about the upcoming Ski Week to be able to relax and have a week to himself. He is especially excited to be able to go to Disneyland again during this wonderful time off! When asked which holiday he liked better this year, New Year’s or Christmas, he said that he enjoyed his Christmas better, since he was able to visit family that he does not see too often.

Freshman, Jaelyn Moraga, said that she traveled to both Mammoth and L.A. She explained how both of these trips were the highlight of her Winter Break. In Mammoth, she enjoyed skiing with her family, and in L.A. she had fun shopping and going to the beach with her friends!

Katelin Briones, also a senior, was asked the same question–which holiday she enjoyed more. Her response was that she thoroughly enjoyed her Christmas better than New Year’s; it was filled with family, love, and food. She was most excited to explain how wonderful her grandma’s tamales were, which she had for her Christmas dinner! She was also happy that she was able to spend some quality time with her dad!

Angeline Carroll, also a freshman, is anticipating her big trip to the island of Hawaii over this upcoming Ski Week. She is more than excited to relax by the ocean and get some fresh sun in her hair. She is also happy to spend some quality time with her family.

Freshman Marie Guerrero had a blast while she was traveling to Georgia and Tennessee this past Winter Break. She was so happy to be able to spend an extended amount of time with her family and friends.

And finally, Ernesto Espinoza is thrilled to be going to Disneyland with his family. He works hard juggling all his freshman classes, so he is especially excited to just be able to catch a break and relax.

About the Writer
Shelby Castoe, Staff Writer

Shelby Castoe is a Senior and Staff Writer. She loves to swim. She also loves the beach and likes to hang out with her dog, Jasper.