What a (snow) Ball!

Peyton Fraser

More stories from Peyton Fraser

Kairos 23
November 18, 2017

It was that time of the year when everyone looked forward to the WINTER FORMAL, or as it was dubbed this year, Snow Ball. The Snow Ball finished a week of fun that was the second Spirit Week for Xavier for 2017-18! The Winter Formal was an opportunity for students to enjoy an evening of fun, food, pictures and, of course, the mosh pit that is the Xavier dance floor. Snow Ball was also a second social event for underclassmen, and for upperclassmen, it helped pave the way to the much anticipated Prom. Our Student Leadership Committee spent hours putting together this dance for what can only be described as an awesome night! The theme of the Snow Ball was a winter wonderland. The gym was transformed.

In the week leading up to the dance during hilarious ‘no mirror’ and ‘meme’ dress days, underclassmen were asked if they were going to be attending the Snow Ball and what they might expect from the evening.

Jaelyn Moraga ’22 shared that she felt a formal was going to be much different than Homecoming. She thought that perhaps it was not as popular. What? What’s not to love about Snow Ball?

Taylor Reiche ’22 thought she’d be going with some of her friends and was not worried about getting a dress. She and her friends were going to share dresses with each other. Great idea!

Damian Montano ’22 did not think he would be attending, but if he did, he would be going with friends! That’s exactly what should happen–going with friends to have a good time.

Ellie Nile and Jennifer Nieto both ’21 said they were very excited about this dance and would be attending with friends. They felt that it would definitely be smaller than homecoming but it is ok because they would have fun no matter what. That’s the spirit!

Flip through the slideshow of Xavier’s Snow Ball. Check out the fun, the suits, the crowning of the Snow Ball King and Queen, and the always crowded dance floor.